• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage 7mm 08 barrel

70oldsracer

I'm looking for a Savage standard contour, small shank 7mm 08 barrel. Nothing less than 24"

Thanks

When you find one, have the seller verify the twist. For a couple years Savage made them with an 11" twist. Too slow for many hunting bullets.

When you find one, have the seller verify the twist. For a couple years Savage made them with an 11" twist. Too slow for many hunting bullets.
Thanks for that info., I didn't know that. I'm looking for a 9" or 9.5" twist.

I have an 11 twist and was super frustrated with it (because I thought it was a 9-9.5) until I figured out it loves the Nosler 120gr BT's. It shoots awesome. However I started with 140's and could not get under a 2"-2.5" group at 100 yards. I wanted to throw it down range. I haven't tried 130gr projectiles in it yet but I'm only hunting whitetail and it smacks the crap out of them. the 120's shoot sub MOA all day long. AND you can make a reduced load and get them down to about 2300 fps for kids with H4895 and it doesn't kick hardly at all. My son is 70lbs soaking wet and he can shoot all day with me. I have don't this with 140gr for my niece as well and you can hardly notice a difference in recoil. My son says the 140's kick less?

Thanks for that info. I'm wondering what grain bullet I should try with a 8" twist.

I would start with 162gr and go up to 180-200. I think my 7RM is an 8 twist and it shoots the 180gr VLD-H's like a champ.