savage 7mag model 111

Kentucky

Has anyone taken the factory kick pad of of a Savage 111? I purchased a limb saver and I'm sure that I can figure it out but if anyone else has taken it off it would save me some possible problems.

it is usually just a couple of Philips head screws, it can be a little hard to get the bite on them through the rubber pad though , also I had to cut a little off of the end of the stock on mine to keep the same length of pull

Thanks Den. I was hoping they were easy. My rifle is a accustock and I don't know at this time if there is enough "plastic" at the butt to do any cutting. I will see what happens. Thanks for the info

I am not sure about the accustock mdl but the older 110 that I did allowed me to shorten around a half an inch or whatever it measured to keep the lop the same but I did also have to grind the outside diameters of the pad down to blend it with the stock

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.