Savage 12VSS

Cobra Kahn

Anyone own or have any opinions of this rifle? I am considering the 22-250 & possibly the single shot version over the box magazine version. Thought being, most magazines on factory rifles are so **** short that the optimal OCL round for the rifle doesnt fit in the magazine anyway. Any thoughts?

great rifle-nothing wrong with a single[i shoot everything single].nice thing about the savage is that u can order a barrel [say in 308win.]unscrew the other put the different one on,check the headspace and voila,of course u can do this with any switch barrel rem. etc.but it is quite economical with the savages.my-2-dave

12 VSS is the best you can get in production / target rifle for your money , 22.250 with slow pitch ( 1 in 14 ) is not the best for longrange but a nice coktail respice

you purchase the 223 ( 1 in 9 ) you make it rechamber in 22.250 tight base , just need to change the boltface ( 20 USD ) and you can shoot 69 gr and a bit more heavy at long range and even 52 gr at short range

good shooting

DAN TEC

I shot my stock 12FVSS 300 WSM at 600 yards in a match recently. During one string, 10 shots in a row went into the 6" X using 165 SST. The stock is cheap but adequate, otherwise the rifle is fantastic.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.