Savage 12

Bobz7

Hi everyone. Back in December 2012 I got a savage 12 in a 223 it had a bad chamber, could not open bolt after shooting. Sent it to savage, got it back same thing. Any way, I had it rebarrel made the mistake of letting my wife shoot it, I had set some empty 12ga hulls up at 265 yards she was picking them off shot for shot. You know what happen!!! I have to ask if I can use her 223.

A savage model 12 is one of my favorite rifles. The bvss is an awesome rifle and I've never seen a savage that wouldn't do moa or better. I've had several savages and one of the Most accurate hunting rifles I've owned was a 110 30-06 heavy barrel with a tasco 6-24x44. Would shoot 2 inch groups at 200 and 2.5 inch groups at 300. Love a savage

Those model 12's are amazing. Her is what mine did chambered in 6br. Mind ypu this is a 200 yard group
005-3.jpg

I purchased a savage 111 lite weight hunter 6.5-284 last october incredible accuracy for factory gun. I also had to send it back. The store actually refunded my money. It was my first savage gave me a bad taste maybe a 12 is a better idea

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.