savage 12 target

bigBolin51

winchester, Tennessee. very small rural town.
I'm in the middle of a rifle build. Its a savage 12 lrpv in 204 Ruger. Plans are to send it to sharp shooters supply to have it timed and trued and have their evolution trigger installed. I am planning on going with an 8 twist 243 win in 28 inch. Full bull criterion. Lapua brass with a 105 berger vld over around 43.5 grains of ramshot hunter. Winchester large rifle primers. I've had really good results with accuracy and velocity with the hunter/berger combo. With hunter being at the slowest end of the 4350 burn range. Any opinions on the sss time and true or other trigger options or opinions of criterion barrels

I do not own any actions that have been T&T, but have shot those that have been and shot against them. I think it is a waste of $, just my opinion, but you may like it. Have you shot this barrel yet? Is it throated for the 105's?

I have not heard recent news, but SSS was very much backed up with orders about a month ago. Have you managed to get anyone on the phone or by email to let you know the lead time ? Some of these vendors have a lead time of over 6 months.

I have been waiting for a 6.5x284 barrel from Shilen since April, so it will soon be 8 months and last I heard the blank had been made, Now Shilen is not a mom and pop shop and I'm pretty sure that this delay from the usual 6-8 weeks is connected to the firearms crisis we just went through, so just giving you fair warning.

Yea I heard that. I haven't contacted sss yet but I plan on ordering my barrel from northland shooters supply. Supposed to be in stock. Mine has the regular silver accutrigger and it has not impressed me at all. I have a Ruger american 243 with their spin on the accutrigger and I doctored the spring a little and its under 2lbs and breaks really clean. I'm in love with that little rifle. 3 inch groups at 400 yards with a leupold vx1 3-9x40. I'm hoping when I'm done to be able to split that in half with the savage.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.