Savage 111 300 win mag. finally back together.

2footroper

Well I finally got my Savage 111 LRH in 300 win. mag. all back together and took it out to the range to get the scope dialed in. I bought this rifle from a guy in new Mexico that shot it bone stock in 1 mile compititions. It is equipped with the Accu Stock and Trigger. He was grouping 12" with it as it was out of the box. When I got it I took the rifle appart and really opened up the front end of the stock as I saw the forend could touch the barrel at times. I then sent it out to get camoed in a nice Hydro dip pattern. I just cleaned up and or pollished a few things on the receiver and trigger group got everything back together. After that I mounted the Burris Eliminator III and laser bore sighted it at 20 yards at home. I then took it out to thr range for the first time. After shooting 3 rounds at 50 yds. to get the windage right I moved out to 100 yds as per the Burris instructions. The photo shows the first shot high but dead on for windage. After using the 1/8" MOA turret I sent a second one down range.gun). Man I can't wait to get this baby on the 600 yard range once they finish it out here. I have to say this scopes adjustments are spot on.

Attachments

• Savage 111 LRH 8-8-14 100 yard zero.jpg
    Savage 111 LRH 8-8-14 100 yard zero.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 106
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.