Savage 110 j series magazine conundrum.

I'd like to go with a factory center feed magazine or even a single shot follower would be fine for this purpose.
I guess I'm one of the few who retained this?

My LA project currently sits in a Boyd's stock, but I opted to go with ASIC bottom metal and use Magpul mags.

Well have an older staggered fed blind mag 110 Savage re-barreled. I opened up the barrel channel on mine, bedded it, pillar and full put a limbsaver pad and timney trigger adjusted to a little over 2lbs and a comb adjustment that straps on. I was searching for an adjustable comb replacement stock for it, but after returning a stock that was supposedly made for it, just gave up on trying to find a replacement for it. The gun shoots really well, through the same hole at 100-200 yards (if I do my part) with one load, decided to spend my time and dollars else where. The wood on your Savage appears to be in really good shape does not appear to have the dings mine has, unless the stock just doesn't fit you I would leave it. After buying a few more calibers just don't shoot mine that much anymore besides the annual sight in, if I start drawing tags again perhaps will shoot it more.

Hey guys I'm new to the world of savage and I'm not finding the info I need.
I have a late 70s 110 savage j series and I want to strip it down to the action and build a fast twist 220 swift on it. Here's where it gets interesting, I want to replace the stock on it and I'm having trouble finding info on anything besides aics style mags for it. I'd like to go with a factory center feed magazine or even a single shot follower would be fine for this purpose. I can't really find anything about what I need from the ground up to convert this to a modern magazine or a single shot and for it to be compatible with the stocks offered today.

As you can see it has the magazine release on the side of the stock and therefore I can't take this set up to another stock without some major inletting on my end. I feel there's a better way. My goal is to stay with something trim and sleek as I don't care for the aesthetics of a magazine hanging out the bottom.
I may be looking in the wrong places and this may be a simple solution. View attachment 477682View attachment 477683
What a beautiful gun, I recommend leaving it a 30-06. Buy a newer 110 and start there.

That is actually a pretty sweet set up you have. Maybe leave it alone and start fresh???
That was actually my thoughts. I have a 110 C top release with a staggered fed blind mag in 3006. The factory stock on it is PLAIN. I would love to trade if all he wants is a ACTION. I am located in PA too.

Last edited:

Recent Posts