savage 110 ba with a nightforce nsx

The Savage is 110 110FCP H-S 338 lapua Mag would be a nice choice. The H&S Precision Stock is Great just have it glass bedded, the barrel is a 1:9 Twist which is great for 300gr pills. The Nightforce you mentioned is also very nice, but I would go with the NXS 5.5X22X50 or 56mm as it gives you more.

I shoot a Sako TRG 42 338 Lapua Magnum with 1: 10 twist barrel and a Nightforce NXS 5.5X22X56 NPR 2, Optiloc 30MOA base and low rings. The Most accurate off the shelf rifle I own in this caliber.

Good Luck in your choice of rifle.

I've got the Savage 110 BA in 338 Lupua with the Nightforce 5.5x22x56 and have found it very accurate right out of the box using 300 grain SMK.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 15
I have the Sako TRG as well and it's very accurate but a good bit more pricey. I also have a 6.5 x284 that shoots well with no recoil and it's very light and easy to carry around. I still like to pack the Savage around with the double sling(single in this picture-double purchased at the Long Range Store---->>very nice). It looks pretty menacing to the deer though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 13
Broken arrow some how I highly doubt the deer see it coming. Lol. That's some nice equipment. I'm just getting into long range. When it comes time I doubt I'll have a problem spending extra. Right now it's gather info do home work find a place to shoot then get the money together and buy the set up. Also remember to tell the wife I only spent 700$ on it. I was looking at the savage because I saw some videos on YouTube and it seemed to pretty accurate for the price. So what do you have left of a deer after the 338lm

Broken arrow some how I highly doubt the deer see it coming. Lol. That's some nice equipment. I'm just getting into long range. When it comes time I doubt I'll have a problem spending extra. Right now it's gather info do home work find a place to shoot then get the money together and buy the set up. Also remember to tell the wife I only spent 700$ on it. I was looking at the savage because I saw some videos on YouTube and it seemed to pretty accurate for the price.

Yep, probably one of the best bang for the buck options out there. Keep an eye on Buds and grab a gun and try to pick up one of the long range hunters. I've seen them for under $1000 at times. You could always save up later for a replacement stock but then again you might not have to.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.