Sako TRG 42 Muzzle Break question - small screw

Teton Lapua

Just got a Sako TRG 42 338 LM with the standard muzzle break and I can't find out what the H@@L the small allen screw on the thing is for. It does not even mention it in the instructions.

Anybody know how it is intended to be used??

Yes , how are you enjoying your set up, I have a 300 win mag Tikka tactical in a Tikka sporter stock with this muzzle brake ,I can shoot it all day

Nice rig!! How long have you had that?

I am ecstatic about mine. I was worried about the recoil before I shot it, but it is almost less felt recoil than my 30-06. I put over 100 rounds through the thing the other day in less than 4 hours and I could have shot another 200 easy if I had the time and the ammo, especially when it keeps shooting .5 to .75 moa with almost any load you feed it. Really fun to shoot. I may be getting divorced soon.

I had a TRG 308 ,but I love Tikka s set triggers (sold it with only 20 rounds fired)made my 300 win mag

A friend has a TRG 338 L with their brake and yes a tack driver ( we shoot 300 yards)
with little recoil , Told him if he ever wants to sell it, I want it. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.