Sako TRG 42 Muzzle Break question - small screw

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Teton Lapua, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Teton Lapua

Teton Lapua Member

Just got a Sako TRG 42 338 LM with the standard muzzle break and I can't find out what the [email protected]@L the small allen screw on the thing is for. It does not even mention it in the instructions.

Anybody know how it is intended to be used??

2. kidako

kidako Member

It is if you want to use a heat shield /mirage shield .I just left it in

3. Teton Lapua

Teton Lapua Member

Aaaaaahhhh. That makes sense. Thanks. So I assume that means it is supposed to point straight up??

4. kidako

kidako Member

Yes , how are you enjoying your set up, I have a 300 win mag Tikka tactical in a Tikka sporter stock with this muzzle brake ,I can shoot it all day

5. Teton Lapua

Teton Lapua Member

Nice rig!! How long have you had that?

I am ecstatic about mine. I was worried about the recoil before I shot it, but it is almost less felt recoil than my 30-06. I put over 100 rounds through the thing the other day in less than 4 hours and I could have shot another 200 easy if I had the time and the ammo, especially when it keeps shooting .5 to .75 moa with almost any load you feed it. Really fun to shoot. I may be getting divorced soon.

6. kidako

kidako Member

I had a TRG 308 ,but I love Tikka s set triggers (sold it with only 20 rounds fired)made my 300 win mag

A friend has a TRG 338 L with their brake and yes a tack driver ( we shoot 300 yards)
    with little recoil , Told him if he ever wants to sell it, I want it. gun)