Muzzle Break Question?

The one on the left is the .257SLR the one on the right is the replacement 6.5SLR. The .257 is a .270 or .280 case necked to .257 and reshaped in a hydro-die and then fired. I was very disappointed with it on a few head of game so I went with the larger case and diameter bullet. If I was on the ball I could have saved a bunch of money and tried a different bullet.

I can only measure free recoil travel. I don't calculate the recoil energy. I hold all my rifles like I would hold a BB gun, even my .375-.416 Rem Mag.

002_zps8874f979.jpg

The one on the left is the .257SLR the one on the right is the replacement 6.5SLR. The .257 is a .270 or .280 case necked to .257 and reshaped in a hydro-die and then fired. I was very disappointed with it on a few head of game so I went with the larger case and diameter bullet. If I was on the ball I could have saved a bunch of money and tried a different bullet.

I can only measure free recoil travel. I don't calculate the recoil energy. I hold all my rifles like I would hold a BB gun, even my .375-.416 Rem Mag.

002_zps8874f979.jpg

Thanks That makes sense. The 78% threw me because the 6.5 with the larger case capacity only has 68.3% gas recoil available so you might get 67% actual recoil reduction.

Thanks

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.