Sako brass?

Calvin45

Hi all, just checking to see if anybody has any experience to report using sako brand brass for reloading. Got some once fired .300 win mag at a decent price, won't actually have it in my possession for a while. How does it stack up regarding consistency and toughness?

The owner of the Sako Collectors Club says he was at the factory and saw them making their own brass while he was at the factory in 2017. His answer to one of your questions is below.

1. Yes, they do their own brass, and I watched the process last summer when I was at the factory.

But I can't say with one hundred percent they make all calibers.

Will check with my contact ASAP.
Good luck and shoot straight y'all

I got 100 pieces (2 x 50) 300win mag sako brass approx 3yrs ago sent from Australia to NZ (sako brass unavailable in nz at that time)...
Unfortunatley I got sent 2 different batches, they both looked different and without a word of a lye,, there was close to 40 grains weight difference in weight between the 2 batches... Didnt even bother loading them, cut my losses an chucked them on ebay...
Moral of the story...always seek to get the same batch!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.