Sako brass; any insights?

MagnumManiac

G'day all,
Was given a heap of once fired 22-250 brass, all Sako brand in very old paper packaging, thinking 70's or 80's vintage, but could be later than this.
Has anyone been using this brass for precision? It looks and feels very good going in/out of my dies, and is very consistent on volume.
It has slightly less capacity than my typical ww-super brass and my SP Lapua brass I use for F-class. I am entering into Hunter class and was going to try this brass out.
Would like some input on whether it would be worth my while trying it?

Cheers.

Thanks guys, that is great news. Got 66 pieces to prep for next weekend, 3 strings of 12 @ 300, 500 & 600.
Only down side is yesterday coming home from said range, I had a fool come to a complete stop in a 50mph zone and I had no where to go but up his bum...my Nissan didn't come off well and the chassis is damaged.

Cheers.

I'd never seen Sako brass until about three months ago, I've been loading fare amounts of ammo for friends and friends of friends who were unable to buy any. Gentlemen about 75 years old brought me some in 30_06 to load for his grandson after a few hours in the tumbler to remove Years of tarnish I was able to load about 50 rounds for him . I had no issues with the brass. Would have guessed it to be on par with Remington.

At one time, Sako brass was made by Norma. I have shot Norma and Lapua in my competition guns, and I believe Lapua is just a tad better than Norma.

To my knowledge Sako has never made brass. I've never seen it sold as a component. Barretta has been their parent company since 2000. Sako makes ammo in Finland. I imagine Lapua and or Norma head stamps the brass in their ammo. Either way it's good quality.

Good luck and shoot straight y'all