Sako AV for 28 Nosler?

James Bailey

I've got a really nice Sako AV in 338 Win Mag that I just never use. I have a hankering (maybe I spelled that right) for another 28 Nosler, and I wondered: 1. if any of you guys have used this action to build one on? 2. What issues you may have encountered if any and any applied solutions for those issues. It would save me a lot of money and the 175 EOL would be the longest bullet I'd likely try to load, and mostly 160 accubonds. Thanks!

I have a Fierce Fury in 28 Nosler. TORE MY HAIR OUT with several different bullets and H1000, 7977, Retumbo and one or two others....finally got my hands on some RE33 and WOW. This thing will drive tacks with at least 3 different bullets now......

I have a Fierce Fury in 28 Nosler. TORE MY HAIR OUT with several different bullets and H1000, 7977, Retumbo and one or two others....finally got my hands on some RE33 and WOW. This thing will drive tacks with at least 3 different bullets now......
I've had good success with RL33 and even better luck with RL50. In south Texas, heat related pressure is more a problem than in cooler areas and RL 50 is very stable.

Lol, still haven't done anything with the Sako.

Call Micmillian and ask if they have stock configurations for your model SAKO. They do some and not other models, may be for build related issues. In the past will not do Model 75. They have been happy to work with Model 85 and even older SAKO L61. Hope they are helpful for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.