Sako A7 25-06

CNY Yote Hunter

Hello all, hoping someone can help me out with some info. I took my bolt apart tonight on an A7 chambered in 25-06. When putting the bolt back together my hand slipped and the firing pin spring guide went to an unknown location through insulation on the ceiling in the basement of all the places it could have went. Anyways after hours of searching for it, removing insulation and all, I have not found it. Looking online for a replacement and I am coming up empty handed everywhere I look. Hoping someone else has come across this and has an answer of where to turn for one. Appreciate any help I can get on this, best wishes to all!!

Tragedy averted, I tore down the insulation today and sifted through all of it and found it! Lesson learned the hard way on this. That being said I was unable to find anyone who had this part in stock, even if I were to buy the firing pin assembly- which isn't available anywhere either. I will leave this thread up in case anyone else ends up in a bind just reach out and I can send you the measurements/specs on mine cause a local machine shop seems to be the only outcome for this! Called tikka and Sako and the product was discontinued, was told they no longer have the part available for it, **** shame to have a rifle that parts are unavailable for. This one will remain a safe queen I guess

Good thing you found your part. It'd be a shame to lose the use of a great rifle for want of a single part the factory no longer makes. I wouldn't "safe queen" the gun though. Use it. Enjoy it. It will last your lifetime. And if it does "die" how is that any different than sticking it in a safe & not using it anyway? Besides, a good gunsmith can fab parts. They do it often.