Sako 85 Bravarian vs new winchester model 70 supergrade

stewey1

Hi all,

All my life so far Ive hunted with a p14 303 and the barrel is finally shot out so its time for a new hunting rifle.

Ive narrowed my search down to the Sako 85 Bravarian and the new Winchester model 70 super grade.

Does anyone own or use both of these rifles? Im interested in fit and finish, build quality, accuracy and durability.

The calibre will be 30-06 or 270 for hunting a variety of game from red deer to chamy and tahr.

Can't speak for the Sako but I just got a new FN Winchester Model 70 Super Grade in .270 Winchester. All I can say is it's an absolute tack driver. MOA with most of the factory ammo I've tried and sub moa with handloads. I used to lust after the Cooper's with their single hole test targets. But after shooting a .148" group at a laser measured 100 yards with Sierra GameKings 130gr SBT over 55 gr IMR 4350, I no longer lust for any other rifle. That's not a typo either.

I'm old school and like wood and polished blue metal. It is a beauty. Action is silky smooth and the new trigger is near perfect. It's my dream rifle come true.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.