• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED S&W 329 pd 44 mag $1300 obo

redchinviking

S&W 329 pd 44 mag in great condition. Scandium frame/titanium cylinder. Very light 26 oz! Only shot a box a shells a year for maybe three years. Superb packable bear gun for blackies or grizz. Only selling to downgrade to the lighter 357 mag version for blackies since I went with a 10 mm for grizz. Will consider trade for a S&W 360 pd. Comes in original box with paperwork, synthetic grip option, and trigger lock. Like new except a few discolored spots on left side as shown in the pictures. $1300 tyd fast with tracking and confidence. PM me for phone number to work out details. Venmo or Zelle preferred.

Attachments

• IMG_5789.jpeg
    IMG_5789.jpeg
    357 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_5788.jpeg
    IMG_5788.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
I just sent this to a friend that said he was wanting to get one. If so, I may have to facilitate the purchase as I'm pretty sure he's not a member.

I don't care for the recoil on my 629 classic 44 magnum with a 8-3/8" full lug barrel. I could only imagine how unpleasant full house loads are to shoot with this featherweight. Make one helluva carry pistol.

I don't care for the recoil on my 629 classic 44 magnum with a 8-3/8" full lug barrel. I could only imagine how unpleasant full house loads are to shoot with this featherweight. Make one helluva carry pistol.
That's the trade off. Carry lots, shoot it rarely (or practice with specials). Mine SUCKED with full house loads but it was nice knowing I had all that power there. And it was light enough I never left it home.

I have a 329PD, the rubber grip is definitely necessary for any 44 Mag loads. I shoot 255gr HC out of mine. It's not a 305 and I didn't get it intending to shoot bullets like that. I tried to duplicate the Buffalo Bore low recoil load, that was designed for this revolver. Even those are pretty stout in this lightweight handgun. It's a joy to carry, I only carry it when I'm rifle hunting in grizzly country, during archery I like the extra 9 rounds that the 10mm offers.

I carry a 329pd with a rubber grip as well while elk hunting in Island Park, ID about 40 miles south of Yellowstone.

I practiced with a few rounds of 44 special, but not a lot. I fired one round of the Buffalo Bore 255gr low recoil load. It was definitely noticeable. However, I've only had to pull it out and fire it one time while hunting. 4 years ago I had a mountain lion get too close for comfort. I shot low on purpose, but I did NOT feel any recoil. Literally, nothing. My adrenaline was flowing!

I'm very happy with my hunting partner. The 329pd goes everywhere I go chasing elk in the fall.

My daily carry is a S&W 360pd. Love it!

I carry a 329pd with a rubber grip as well while elk hunting in Island Park, ID about 40 miles south of Yellowstone.

I practiced with a few rounds of 44 special, but not a lot. I fired one round of the Buffalo Bore 255gr low recoil load. It was definitely noticeable. However, I've only had to pull it out and fire it one time while hunting. 4 years ago I had a mountain lion get too close for comfort. I shot low on purpose, but I did NOT feel any recoil. Literally, nothing. My adrenaline was flowing!

I'm very happy with my hunting partner. The 329pd goes everywhere I go chasing elk in the fall.

My daily carry is a S&W 360pd. Love it!
I tried those 255gr "low recoil" and the second one rolled the Hillary lock back into place and locked up the hammer entirely. I would recommend to do the delete kit if you can.

I have a 329PD and it only gets fed 44 Special loads. I carry it for size and weight instead of a steel or stainless 44 Mag. I also have a S&W 696 No Dash which is a 5 shot L Frame 44 Spl.

They both are super accurate and carry well when hunting or just out in the field.

Never felt under gunned with 44 Spl loads in either and have shot several snakes and hogs with both.

I just put a JP Enterprises RDO mount and J Point RDO on the 396PD. Super accurate when I fired it ay 50 yards at local range. JP RDO has no problem handling the recoil.

BTW, here in TX my first 2 rounds are the new larger shot snake loads, followed by 200 or 225 grain loads. The smaller shot size snake load didn't even slow down a 6' rattle snake I took several years ago. Just ****ed him off. The 3 shot of 44 Spl did take care of him. Had it tanned and after shrinking in the process, it's still nearly 6 feet long without the head!

And remember that Dirty Harry, early in the movie Magnum Force, told the group of motorcycle officers at the range he always carried 44 Spl loads in his Model 29. Said it was more powerful ad easier to control than the Colt Pythons they were carrying with 357 Mag loads.

Harry Callahan had a good idea!

What barrel length are you looking for in a 340/360? I have a 340pd and a 360j, I'd be willing to work a deal on either of them.