RWS Primers ?

Nomosendero

I was working out of town yesterday & stopped by a gun store. They had RWS Large Rifle primers. The only number I could find was 5341, which may be a lot#. They are large rifle, I did not see Magnum on them.

Are they any good. They come in boxes of 250, cost $10.00.

Thanks

RWS primers have a reputation as being excellent. The 50BMG crowd uses them when they can get them for their match ammo. The 5341 is just an identifier used by RWS for their large rifle primers similar to Federal's use of 210 to identify their large rifle primers. RWS' large rifle magnum primers use the identifier of 5333. I think you will be more than satisfied with them but if you find a good load with them and the supply dries up, then you're stuck re-developing the load with another primer.

358, thanks for the info. Yes, I thought about buying several, what I could do later is keep them for 1 part. cartridge if they do real well in it. I can't get Fed. match primers right now anyway.

I went ahead and picked up 6 boxes of RWS large rifle (250 per box) 7 8 boxes (100 per box) of the CCI small rifle primers. He cut me a deal, $70.00 out the door. This amts. to $3.05 per 100, tax included. I think I will do it again next week & that will get about all of them I guess.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts