Ruger Precision Rimfire

hzy1369

Ok so I got a 22WMR cause it was on sale. Put a Nikon Monarch 3 2.5 -10 X 50 that I had sitting around and put the laser on it. Had to use all the Up to even bring it on the paper. Checked to make sure I did not have any type of MOA bases (which I don't think I own) and they are not on backwards. Called Nikon they said turn the scope all the way in one direction count the clicks as you go the other split it on half and that should be mechanical 0. Ok done same thing. Went and got new Nikon bases. Two piece for MSR put them on same thing. Went and got a new Vortex scope have tried it on with 2 different bases. Called Ruger they say they don't know sounds like your doing everything right Well no duh?
Anyone got one of these and did you have any trouble? When I talked to Ruger she said mine has a 30 MOA rail. But in order for that to be true it would have to be backwards Web site says 0 MOA rail.
I'm lost Help

From ruger website. It has a 30 MOA rail on it. How many clicks did you count when attempting to return scope to zero and how much movement is one click on your scope.

• Anodized Picatinny scope base includes 30 MOA elevation for increased long-range capabilities out of the box.

Have you tried to shoot the gun to see if it is bad as it looks. Can you reverse the mounts if you give it a try.

From ruger website. It has a 30 MOA rail on it. How many clicks did you count when attempting to return scope to zero and how much movement is one click on your scope.

• Anodized Picatinny scope base includes 30 MOA elevation for increased long-range capabilities out of the box.

The way I read the web site, the 22 LR has a 30 MOA base and the 22 WMR has a Zero MOA base. My 22 WMR has a zero MOA base.
If it had too much cant in the base for the scope, such as 30 MOA, you might not be able to get enough "down" adjustment to get a 100 or 50 yard zero.
I have the 22 Mag. RPRF and I've put two different scooes on it without any problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.