Ruger no 1 one piece stock

rosseickhoff

Had anybody ever done, seen, or attempted a one piece ruger no 1 stock? I've seen a few pictures but haven't found any more info.

Attachments

• IMG_0469.JPG
    IMG_0469.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 377
Probably hand made. Who'd have a pattern for a pre-inlet? Something to be gained? There'd be no bedding surface, like a bolt rifle has. The bottom must be left open so the trigger guard/lever can be operated to lower the breech block and, of course, the trigger. The wood would have to be very thin on the sides of the action to be able to maintain some semblance of form.

I'm neither an expert nor a smith so opinion only believing that a one piece stock would aid stiffness and consistency while allowing a free floated barrel. The action could be beefed to the sides of the action which would have a large surface area. I like the idea so asking people who have more knowledge and experience how it could be done.

Nice looking, but not very practical.

The same thing can be done by using the hanger and bedding the forearm to the hanger and free floating the barrel.

I agree with Shortgrass that it would be very thin on the action sides and offer less rigidity for the forearm in my opinion.

This might work better on a High wall because of the action length and thickness. or with a metal chassis. ether way it would be a lot of work with little if any gain other than looks.

Interesting !!!!

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

Had anybody ever done, seen, or attempted a one piece ruger no 1 stock? I've seen a few pictures but haven't found any more info.

Have you found anything more about that stock or others like it? MPI Stocks used to make a Fiberglass 1-Piece stock for the Ruger #1. I do not think they do anymore though.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.