Ruger M77MKII Stock

AKBman

I am looking to replace the stock on my SS Ruger M77 MKII 300 Win Mag, it has been my go to hunting rifle since 1999, however, the cutout Zytel stock with the hard rubber recoil pad is getting to be a bit brutal at the range. I have been looking at either a Ramline, or Hogue stock as a replacement. I am hoping to put a new scope on it to replace the 2.5X8X36 Leupold that is on it now with a Leupold 6X14X40, the other was the scope I put on while I lived in Alaska. So, I am looking for experience, and opinions on the 2 stocks I have mentioned, I am not looking to break the bank.

Dave

I own a Ruger M77MkII just like your but in 7mm Rem Mag.. A few years ago I decided to change the stock. I saw one with the Hogue stock and so I ordered one and put in on my rifle. My has the full bedding block so the only thing I do not like about the stock is that it adds a little too much weight to the gun. This added weight and the rubber feel of the Hogue stock makes for very comfortable shooting. You can get this stock without the full bedding block and that should reduce the weight somewhat.

I also bought a Boyd laminated stock and this works well also, but again you add some more weight. The weight of the Hogue and Boyd stock are close to the same.

So when I carry my rifle in mt areas I use the Ruger stock. When I am not worried about the extra weight I use the Hogue most of the time. I have no experience with the Ramline.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts