Ruger M77, 300 Win Mage magazine length

Beelzebub

Just bought (on line) a new Ruger M77 300 WM and am wondering what the max length COAL is for the magazines in this particular rifle. .

tks in advance,
B

Mine if very tight (M77 Mark II, 300 winnie)

I think I can load to something like 3.355" There may be a tiny bit more room, but I don't have too much more than SAAMI OAL.

Mine if very tight (M77 Mark II, 300 winnie)

I think I can load to something like 3.355" There may be a tiny bit more room, but I don't have too much more than SAAMI OAL.
XXXXXXXXXXX

tks. I was hoping for a bit longer. But I have found in my M700 243 and 270wsm that if I only put one round in mag and one in the chamber I can at least have one back up shot with longer bullets. Not a lot longer, but a little.
B

I worked a load up for my sons Ruger M77 last summer using the factory COAL of 3.340 because of the short magazine. Just fooled with different powders and the most accurate load was 70.5gr of 7828 with a velocity of 2860 using the 210gr Berger. Did not attempt the 215gr Berger's because of their length. The rifle surprised me holding 1/2 MOA out to 450 yards. That is as far as I took it as he is a weekend hunter and does not shoot farther then maybe 300.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.