ruger #1 and hicks accurizer

Wildhog

I have a ruger #1s that has always shot 2.5 " groups at 100 yds. I was talking with my gun smith and told him a friend wanted it and he had shot it and didnt mind the way it shot so I was going to sell it. He told me he could make it shoot as good as a bolt action by installing a hicks accurizer and a 2 LB moyer trigger. I was skeptical at first and thought about it a couple days and ended up telling hom to do it. Well I got it back the other day. Yesterday I bought a box of federal power skock 150 gr 7mm rem mag to do the adjusting process with. My groups went from 2.5 " at 100 yds to .5" at 100 yds. Needless to say I was very pleased. Now Im going to reload some ammo for it. Anyone thinking about installing the hicks accurizer It surely works as advertised.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. There has been many discussions through the years on how to properly accurize the #1's. Great rifles and mine shoot very well but I have spent a lot of time trying various things to get them to shoot long range.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.