Roe deer bullet suggestion for .300wm

trazman

Hello guys, I have a perfect load for my .300 wm with 190gr bergers, butwith this bullets roe deers just walk away with perfect shots. It is because they are so small(up to 15kg) and the bullet doesn't open... Any suggestion on other bullets that would drop them instantly?

If you want to shoot Berger bullets just drop down in weight. I have shot small white tail deer 75 to 100 lbs with the 155 VLD out of a 30x47 at 2650 fps and it exits with baseball size holes. For the magnums the 165 Nosler ballistic tip works really well also. I have not used any of the heaver Berger VLD bullets but I do have to ask are you using the Hunting version or the newer Target VLD? From what I have seen it really does not matter what you shoot with a Berger Hunting VLD they usually go in 2 to 3 inches and explode. The newer target version has a thicker jacket.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts