RL16 is it the go to for 6.5 CM?

MLN1963

When I was shooting 6.5 Creedmoor I used it. It gave good speeds, temp stability, accuracy and such. The drawback is it is hard on throats, definitely harder than H4350 which is bad enough.

djfergus

If you are looking for more velocity Rl-26 will give you more than Rl-16 or H4350, if you can find any to try. Speer has data for the 140's on their website.
You are correct, no problem getting the 147 to above 2900 in a 26" 6.5cm with rl26. Drop tube will get all that power in there.

cajun

The original Hornady load for the Creed was H4350 and a 210m primer with the 140. I have tried R16 and R26. Nothing is more accurate than 4350 in my rifle. I get ~2750 fps.

Onstep

LRH Team Member
I jumped on the RL16 train out the gate and in the end H4350 had the edge in accuracy over the minimal (75fps) speed picked up with 16. Next up I’m going to play with Ramshot just because it throws so well and accurately as a ball type powder.

wbm

44gr of H4831SC ended up being my "go-to" load with 140 Nosler RDF bullets but after loading the same with 6.5 StaBall that is my powder of choice now. Good stuff!....well it works for me anyway.

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce