Ring Height?

Dgd6mm

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes. I'm mounting a Simmons Whitetail Classic Scope 6.5-20x50MM on a Savage model 10 with a sporter barrel. Can any one tell me what height rings I will need. The bases are Weaver, they come on the combo models you find at Wal-Mart and such. Thanks any info will be helpfull.

Don Dunlap

Depending on the brand of rings, medium or high.
Most ring manufacturers have their specs online, and you can Google ways to measure your rifle and scope.

Just installed two 50mm scopes. One needed high, one was fine with medium.
Prior to that took high rings off my .22 Savage and swapped to medium for its 3-9x50 scope. Much better result.

If you go to Midway USA 's website, look up the Whitetail Classic and they'll have a link to connect you to "ring height specifications" or something like that.
I would say at least medium and probably high. Most specs I've used suggest medium for the 40mm scopes I have.

edit: It's called "application charts and information" on Midway's site. Here ya go:
http://www.midwayusa.com/content/legacy/ring_height.htm

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.