Which scope height?

SteelBanger

I have a terminus Zeus that’s getting a proof Sendero barrel, and likely a Vortex PST Gen 2 5-25x50 scope ... I’m looking at the seekins rings but not sure which height I need, any suggestions on the right fit?

Will16

Medium seekins on my hmr with a 56mm objective leaves plenty of room. 4C441D22-E0BB-47AC-BE40-27B9C35E9343.jpeg

Last edited:

SteelBanger

Thanks guys, it looks like it could possibly go either way. I may just call seekins and see what they recommend.

SteelBanger

You should be fine with .85-.90" height rings with a Proof Sendero and a 50mm objective. Have an old trusty Gen 1 PST in our Lows (.885" high) on a heavy barrel 223 with plenty of room.

We have a handy guide on our site. https://hawkinsprecision.com/our-products/scope-rings/
Thank you for the response, so just to be sure I understand it right, I should be good to go with these .87 mediums with 50mm objective and Sendero? I think for now I’m going to swap a gen 1 Viper PST 6-24x50 on it from another rifle until I can decide what scope I want on this build.

2BC1C2BB-0291-44B7-AB1B-944BC870B256.jpeg

jd5521

LRH Team Member
Seekins lows with sendero/varmint contour with a 5-25x56 ATACR (34 mm tube)

E4DEF5A9-21B9-41BE-9EA9-03096F8775A1.jpeg

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
Thank you for the response, so just to be sure I understand it right, I should be good to go with these .87 mediums with 50mm objective and Sendero? I think for now I’m going to swap a gen 1 Viper PST 6-24x50 on it from another rifle until I can decide what scope I want on this build.

View attachment 198410
When in doubt call the source directly? Let them know if you're going to use a rail (0 cant vs canted) and other pertinent information.

HawkinsPrecision

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor

View attachment 198410
I can tell you Hawkins lows will work. :)

If you haven't called Seekins yet they have great customer service too and help you out if you go with ring height for their range. Good luck on the build.

Jakeweb09

Generally with anything 50mm and under we recommend our lows in both the Long Range Hybrids and the Ultra Light Tactical Lines. Image is the 3.6-18x44 MK5HD in low 35mm Ultra Light Tactical rings.
have you ever ran into problems with the bolt throw on rifles with 90* throw? Also just to be clear are we talking 50mm objective lenses or actual OD. I think most 50mm scopes actually have a OD closer to 56mm

Trending threads

Recent Posts

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce