Ring height help Remington 700

Bang4theBuck

It seems not matter how much measuring I do ahead of time, selecting rings that are the proper height for my application is a trial and error thing. Kinda like the number of receipts I accumulate from the local hardware when I have a plumbing project at the house. I am looking for some very specific information here, as it relates to the selection of rings for my hunting rig. Here is what I have:
Factory remington 700 LA in 7mm RM. The barrel is a factory magnum sporter contour.
Scope is either going to be a Swaro Z5 5-25x50 (1" tube) or Zeiss Conquest V4 6-24x50 (30mm tube).

I want to have the scope planted low on the action, with just enough clearance under the Objective end to put a tenebrex or similar scope cover on, and still have a slight clearance. I am looking to keep things relatively light weight, and do not feel that I need a 20MOA rail on this rig, so I am thinking about going with Talley or similar one piece rings.

At some point, a long time ago, I saw that someone had developed a spreadsheet or some software or something to make this a little more scientific. I would be appreciative of any help I can get with this scenario. Thanks in advance.

I always email Talley directly and ask them what size I need based on my desired set up. They are awesome. My guess is you will need lows for the 30mm and mediums for the 1". I have some mediums on a varmint contour with a 30mm tube (PST Gen 2) and butler creek caps and have plenty of clearance. Magnum contour there would be even more and I think you could get away with a low. Email Talley - they are awesome.

4BDD4FE6-EDC1-4FC8-B045-B6E8BBAD2F90.png

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.