Rigid or Flexible bore scope?

Salmonhead

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
I am looking to get a half way decent bore scope and I am on the fence whether I should get one with a Rod or a Flexible chord? What are the advantages or disadvantages of each?
I am leaning towards Teslong brand. I want to be able to clearly see whats going on in there. On the fence about getting their screen or just hooking it to a laptop?
Suggestions welcome.

I chose Teslong's flexible wifi version because it would be easier to use when examining barrels before an auction or at the LGS. No experience with a rigid model, but I think it would be just fine for use in the shop. I think it probably comes down to how and where you intend to use it.

I chose Teslong's flexible wifi version because it would be easier to use when examining barrels before an auction or at the LGS. No experience with a rigid model, but I think it would be just fine for use in the shop. I think it probably comes down to how and where you intend to use it.
Ditto!

For the flexible version, are you guys able to move it how you want to see all the way around? My initial thinking was the stick would be easier to turn different directions, but I do like the idea of portable for a show or something like that. Initially, my first thought is 95% of use would be in the shop here.

For the flexible version, are you guys able to move it how you want to see all the way around? My initial thinking was the stick would be easier to turn different directions, but I do like the idea of portable for a show or something like that. Initially, my first thought is 95% of use would be in the shop here.
No problem in my experience. And, it is not "limpy" flexible either.

I have the flexible version and i wish i bought the ridged version, When i have a barrel in the lathe and I'm rotating it to look at the chamber and throat i wish it was more stable. the flexible works but like i said the rod would be better for examining a barrel in the lathe.

Thank you for the input. I will get one ordered here soon. I appreciate the feedback.

As for brands, is Teslong the brand to compare against?
Is it better to hook to a laptop or phone or get the screen that comes with some of them?

I have the flexible Teslong that I hook to a personal lap top. I would not change anything and after using for years I bought one for my adult son for X- mas.
A friend of mine has the rod type that hooks into the Teslong iPhone size screen and I have used it multiple times.

Pros for the flexible with your own iPad:
Easy storage in about a 8" square, 1" thick case. I keep mine in one of my safes top shelf. Allows to be transported in shooting bag to take to range or prairie dog shoot very easily. The iPad has a much larger screen that you can magnify, take before and after photos and store in your photo library very easily.
Cons: It may take a few more seconds to hold still on a troublesome area you are looking at. I have learned to overcome this dilemma.

Solid shaft with Teslong screen:
Pros: Very easy to maneuver and adjust
Cons: Need much more room on the end of your barrel to insert. My friend has a cabinet on end of his reloading bench so he has to turn his rifle around in his vice and maneuver with his left hand. This is not natural for me. His Teslong screen is too small IMO for detail inspection and does not have near the brightness adjustment of an iPad. You must store the inspection rod in case that compares to a cleaning rod.
I agree with the above posters in that a lot depends on how and where you will use it. There really isn't a wrong answer in my opinion.