Inexpensive bore scopes

I have not seen an inexpensive one (such as the ones for around 100.00 used in the automotive ind) that will fit down a bore much smaller than a shotgun.

That being said i purchased an old ACMI borescope on ebay for around 40.00. ACMI was purchased by Olympus and are commonly used in the medical industry. The clarity is excellent. The down side is that the light source is antiquated and the last bulb burned out and they are no longer available. I am currently in the process of retro-ing an LED light.

Basically keep your eye on ebay for good prices on used medical borscopes, or cystocopes (same thing just used in the uriology field) or spend 800+ on a hawkeye.

V\Black Tail Hunter
I found and ordered a new Mini 7mm USB Flexible Inspection Camera Microscope Endoscope Borescope for $45 and Supereyes Borescope Side View Mirror Set 30 45 60 degrees for Supereyes Borescope N005 N013J for $15 on Amazon. The 7mm should work with my 308 and above caliber rifles for full bore inspections. Perhaps this device might be useful to perform chamber and throat inspections on lesser calibers down to 22 rimfire. I will post my findings.
Thanks
TGH

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.