Rifle cartridges that we can do without?

That is precisely the reason I dont waste money buying magazines with his articles in them or any rag for that matter. I get a much better value for my dollar spending it on the manufactor and distribution of new factory cartridges /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif How bout this we get rid of all factory cartridges other then the 223, 308 and the 375 H&H. With these 3 cartridges any game animal is toast and ammo is availible everywhere. So lets just make every other cartridge go the way of the dodo bird and keep these three chamberings /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Another note: anytime a new cartridge comes out ol boddington is the first to jump on the bandwagon saying how its the new "wonder" cartrigde that can do it all. Well at least until the manufactors come out with something new that he can toot the horn on its virtures.

I now need to go shoot my 220 swift and 300 H&H....there feelins are really hurt.

I was doing an internet search for the capacity of the 300 RUM. This article came up and caught my attention.

One thing I learned years ago was that a "gunwriter" is nothing more than a puppet to the industry. I haven't subscribed to any magazine in years either, but seems like someone in the family always gets me one for a present during the holidays.

I agree!

If more people shot the 30/06....they'd be a lot less game left in the field at the end of the year! Most...don't know how to shoot IT.....much less the MANGLE-HAMS they're totin!!

Agree with that. Years ago worked with a guy who also wrote for gun mags. He would get guns to test, and the ammo free, and then was brazen enuff to try to sell his fellow workers the fired brass. Used to shoot with the guy all the time, his ego got too big. Would buy new brass for more money than put more money into his pockets.

That's the kind of guy that gives the rest of us a bad name! Seems to be one in every crowd, though I've found nothing but stand up folks on the Hide.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts