Ridgeline shoots poorly and jams

I know of no one with a 6.5 PRC. Good thought though. As far as other ammo, still have never seen any other than Hornady. Have shot both the 143 ELD-X and the 147 ELD-M. And I have shot several different lot #s. If I have another Smith look at it, that will void any warranty. The only thing I reload are 44's. So that is not in the books, at least for right now. And IMHO, they should shoot factory ammo. Even if the groups are horrible, it should not jam.

Christensen again on the naughty list. I understand they shoot well when you get one that works properly, but the QC seems to be lacking.
My MPR in 6.5 PRC shoots 1/2" groups all day long! No issues! Recently took 5 plains game species in South Africa and taking on a Moose/Black Bear hunt to Newfoundland in October.

I know of no one with a 6.5 PRC. Good thought though. As far as other ammo, still have never seen any other than Hornady. Have shot both the 143 ELD-X and the 147 ELD-M. And I have shot several different lot #s. If I have another Smith look at it, that will void any warranty. The only thing I reload are 44's. So that is not in the books, at least for right now. And IMHO, they should shoot factory ammo. Even if the groups are horrible, it should not jam.

Thanks Harry, I have looked online since Nov. Never in stock. Midway had 300 PRC ammo finally, with shipping 1 box cost me 100 bucks. That box is in my safe awaiting a caribou hunt.

This is from the 6.8 Western Thread By Venatusdominus Post #52

Berger offers factory ammo:
6.5 PRC 156 Grain Extreme Outer Limits (EOL) Elite Hunter Rifle Ammunition
Spor*****s Warehouse has the following 6.5 PRC on their website:
Barnes 127 LRX
Barnes 130 LRX
Browning Long Range Pro Hunter 130
Federal Premium Trophy Copper 120
Federal Premium 130 TA
Federal Fusion 140 SP
Hornady 143 ELD-X
Hornady 147 ELD-M
Norma 143 BBT
Nosler 120 TPFMJ
Nosler 140 AccuBond
Nosler 142 Long Range AccuBond
Remington 145 OTMBT
Winchester Match 140 BTHP
Winchester 142 AccuBond
Choice Ammunition has the following offerings:
Choice Ammunition 120 Barns TTSX
Choice Ammunition 127 Barns LRX
Choice Ammunition 130 Barns TSX
Choice Ammunition 130 Berger VLC Hunting
Choice Ammunition 130 Nosler Accubond
Choice Ammunition 140 Barns BT Match Burner
Choice Ammunition 140 Berger VLD Hunting
Choice Ammunition 140 Hornady ELD-M
Choice Ammunition 140 Nosler Accubond
Choice Ammunition 143 Hornady ELD-X
Choice Ammunition 145 Barns BT Match Burner
Choice Ammunition 147 Hornady 147 ELD-M
Choice Ammunition 156 Berger EOL Elite Hunter
This is not a complete list by any means. Lots of choices for the 6.5 PRC!

Was shooting next to a guy last who bought a Christensen in 300 RUM. When he received it, 300 RUM would not chamber. He called and they said it was a 300 win! Was marked 300 RUM on barrel. Sent it back and they took 6 months to fix problem. Helped him get it on paper at 50 yards and he went down to 100 yard range and did not here how new barrel shot.

First issue, it's a CA... great marketing as you're experiencing..

Second is check the lands, I've seen factory rifles have issues where the factory ammo was Jammed in the lands causing pressure spikes.

Thirdly... all them or get new barrels from someone else.

As a badge of honor.... I was booted from another forum because of bad nothing a sponsor, aka CA.... I can see they still lack in.... etc...

Bought a Ridgeline in 6,5 PRC, just got it back from factory today after barrel replacement and headspace adjustment. Shot first 6 rounds, cleaned per instructions. Groups were ok. Went to shoot another 6 rounds, at #9 got heavy bolt lift. Round #11 jammed, could not lift bolt handle. Groups also grew to over 7" at 100 yds. Getting halfmoon swipes on case bottom. Removing metal from case, bolt face has brass shavings on it. Shooting Hornady factory 147 ELD-M.
Funny thing is, I also have a Ridgeline in 300 PRC, and it does the exact same thing. It is still at the factory.
Is there anything I can do here without having to keep sending them back? Thanks.
Absolutely....easy solution...Demand your money back on both!...

I understand not everyone can afford a custom rifle. But this is why when customers ask me what I think of certain factory rifles I have nothing good to say. They are a crap shoot anymore. Why roll the dice? For not much you could be into a custom rifle that 99.9% will shoot. And as a smith I stand behind my work and do everything I can to make sure that it never comes back to me unless you decide you want something changed down the road. In the last 10 years production rifles have deteriorated. Machining techniques have gotten faster and better but the companies using these techniques just go with faster to save money for their bottom line. I've taken enough of these rifles apart to see very poor machining. And most of these factory rifle companies still have not rectified the issue and changed their reamers for 300prc and 6.5prc to the AW2 print. That says it all. If you hunt and shoot. And buy junk that they are producing it's like you don't care about something that most of us know you and I and others wait all year for season to come back around. Why skimp ? Before you say you can't afford to spend $800 more whatever the number is. Most of us will waste money on fast food over a very short period of time that will have put you into the next level Rifle. (I'm not knocking anyone for buying what they buy. Just my two cents of why it's such a waste).