Ridgeline shoots poorly and jams

What I suggest you do is clean it very well, buff the chamber and bolt face with light compound. Clean it again. Then shoot the heck out of it.

Well, new update. Took 300 prc back to Scheels and got a full refund. Now just have to wait until the 6.5 gets back again, for the 3rd time. Anyone want to buy it? :)
But now i have a new problem. Got 2 cases of 300 prc, and I really like what this round may be able to do. So, I have never built or had a custom gun done. Where does one start?
Well that works too.

Well, new update. Took 300 prc back to Scheels and got a full refund. Now just have to wait until the 6.5 gets back again, for the 3rd time. Anyone want to buy it? :)
But now i have a new problem. Got 2 cases of 300 prc, and I really like what this round may be able to do. So, I have never built or had a custom gun done. Where does one start?
Dallas Lane of Lane Precision Rifles for the best custom out there.

May I suggest…:Find a good Winchester 70 send it to Douglas barrels have them rebarrel with a light Palma contour. Get. Richard's micro light stock. Go have fun. Just my 2c
All the best!

I'd buy the 6.5prc but you aint gonna like the price lol

Getting a custom started is a whole can of worms right there but at least you have a cartridge picked out. If your gunsmith is anything like my old one then you are looking at a 14mo process.

I'd take a look at the bergara premier series next time you go to scheels.

I've followed your story from the beginning, and I really feel bad for you. I own one CA, a Mesa in 6.5 CM that I got for my grandkids deer hunts. It shoots great, cycles fine, no problems. But I've heard of many CA issues, especially with the Ridgeline in the heavier cartridges.

I know there's a fair amount of engineering and complex parts fitting that goes into building a rifle, and I get it that things can go wrong. I don't necessarily blame them for having issues with occasional rifles. But what CA is doing to you and to others is just very poor customer relations. It's obvious to everyone reading this story that there is a manufacturing issue with your rifle, and CA isn't taking care of the problem. I'd have to think strongly about considering purchasing another CA.

As the opposite customer viewpoint, a couple of years ago on this forum, a high member of the Bergara management team came on a post involving a site member who had purchased a Bergara and wasn't satisfied with the workmanship of the rifle. The Bergara manager, who I can't remember his name or title, went over backwards to satisfy that purchaser and others who had chimed in.

While I can't remember the manager's name or the details, I'll never forget that Bergara came on a public site and stood behind their product.

My son has a Bergara, very nice. But, just was not what I am wanting. I will never buy anything from CA again. I almost am feeling relieved that I no longer have the 300 anymore. Sad, I wasted all that ammo. Through all this I did find a Proof Elevation in 6.5 CR at an almost unheard of price. new at Modern Sportsman for 1999.00. So it took me only half a box to get on paper at 100 and then put 5 in the X at 200. Put one of the VX5HD's on it that I had used on the CA. So know scope is good. Also, through all of this, both my scopes were sent into Leupold, both came back as being fine.
Anyway, believe I like my new Proof. So does anyone have any thoughts on the Glacier ti from Proof? Thanks.

My son has a Bergara, very nice. But, just was not what I am wanting. I will never buy anything from CA again. I almost am feeling relieved that I no longer have the 300 anymore. Sad, I wasted all that ammo. Through all this I did find a Proof Elevation in 6.5 CR at an almost unheard of price. new at Modern Sportsman for 1999.00. So it took me only half a box to get on paper at 100 and then put 5 in the X at 200. Put one of the VX5HD's on it that I had used on the CA. So know scope is good. Also, through all of this, both my scopes were sent into Leupold, both came back as being fine.
Anyway, believe I like my new Proof. So does anyone have any thoughts on the Glacier ti from Proof? Thanks.
Glad you found a good replacement. Life is way too short to live with aggravations like an inaccurate rifle. Have fun with the new rifle.

I have a model 70. Would never think doing anything to this one. But thanks for the thought.
Again just my 2c. On this forum I don't see Winchester model 70's being called out with problems. I shoot NRA mid range with mine in .280 Remington. It always works, groups well, never breaks. These days 7mm match kings are scarce but I still think Winchester is the way to go. All the best for you buddy!

Lyle, thanks. My model 70 is 30.06. I have had it for 20 years or more. It has never failed, is the best action I have ever seen. And since it is a super grade, I would never restock it. I cannot even remember how many deer and bears I have taken with it. But if I ever ran across another, well, might think about that.

Lyle, thanks. My model 70 is 30.06. I have had it for 20 years or more. It has never failed, is the best action I have ever seen. And since it is a super grade, I would never restock it. I cannot even remember how many deer and bears I have taken with it. But if I ever ran across another, well, might think about that.
Good travels and good hunting buddy!
If you're ever down this way won't you please stop by!