revolver pictures

Thanks for keeping up this post. I have the longer barrel, I think either 12+ or 14+, just starting to work loads and such. Keep me posted as to what you are finding works best. I like your bullet selections and the powder makes sense too. Of the 2 scopes you talked about, which seems most appropriate, my range is in the 25-125 yard area.

Thanks,
Ed

It is funny you mention that. Cuz I just went to range today and am severely disappointed in the burris.

Well, just got back from a short range visit. Got through about 6 loads and noticed my burris 2-7x32 crosshairs were tilted. After looking longer I seen that the scope is still where it was mounted and not shifted or twisted but infact the crosshairs themselves are tilted. Enough that if I were to tilt the whole gun to a 45deg able the crosshairs would be straight again. Really ticked as I wanted to take it out for the gun season and dont look as if I will.

It is funny you mention that. Cuz I just went to range today and am severely disappointed in the burris.

Well, just got back from a short range visit. Got through about 6 loads and noticed my burris 2-7x32 crosshairs were tilted. After looking longer I seen that the scope is still where it was mounted and not shifted or twisted but infact the crosshairs themselves are tilted. Enough that if I were to tilt the whole gun to a 45deg able the crosshairs would be straight again. Really ticked as I wanted to take it out for the gun season and dont look as if I will.

Is the scope rated for that cannon?

I was thinking it was but not now. About the only two I've heard that others have been putting on them are the burris and leupold. Back to the store it goes. Now the decision to make is going with the leupold or not. I have heard many putting them on 460's and being good ones. What to do

Good point on revolver scopes. Leupold's are pretty tough but I'm going to call them. Many put an aimpoint on them. They are tough enough I hear. Any opinions from anyone, please chime it. I have a Nightforce but it's a 5.5x22. I'm thinking of the aimpoint, it has a 2 moa dot. Magniication for some longer range. Any idea how far these can shoot accurately?

I have a leopold m8 4x eer on my 22-250 striker..... great scope. It was on a tc contender 35 rem pistol for a while. Also did time on my striker 243. Still running well after 15 years or so.

I just read some reviews on the burris today on midway USA and three of the six were bad responses two I which were the same problem I had with my burris.

I trashed two Burris scopes. One on a 375jdj and another on a 50BM Alaskan. Since then I've stuck to leupold on all my large single shot handguns and revolvers.

Erik

Heres my Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag with Burris 2-7 scope and my S&W Performance Center .460 limited Edition 1 of 500 With Leupold 2-7.
The Burris has a much better field of view. I have sold the Leupold and will be replacing it with another Burris.

P3050135.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.