Review; Clerke International Arms, 17 Aguila barrel

Coyboy

I ordered this barrel with brick of Aguila ammunition from Natchez.

Last night, I tore down the factory 10/22, installed the new barrel, and worked the factory trigger down to a pleasing 1.5lbs.

I installed a set of Talley ringed bases, and lapped them.
A Weaver 3-9 Grand Slam was then mounted, and the rifle was stocked into a Houge.

I zeroed the rifle and was very pleased with a 1/2" group at 50 yards. I felt the paralax setting was probably not conducive to the best accuracy at that distance, so I shot at 100 yards. 4 of the 5 shots went under 1/2" with one about a 3/8" out of the group.

I was very pleased with the accuracy or the 17 Aguila, and equally impressed with it's flat trajectory. zeroed at 50 it was 1.7 low at 100.

Less than 24 hours and 120 rounds later, and with 2 gophers "marked", I am very pleased with this plinker. The Houge stock leaves much to be desired, I will be upgrading this shortly.

If you have considered a 17 rimfire, this 90 dollar barrel is well worth it.

thanks for the review, been wondering about these things...
I also agree with you on the houge stock, I've got one, and will not buy another.
good shootin.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.