Revic BLR 10b vs Sig Kilo 10k

A re the Leica AB's even out yet? I know thru are coming but y'all singing praises, have you actually looked through then it going off the 10x32's and their reputation?

Serious question, because I've not seen them actually out yet.

A re the Leica AB's even out yet? I know thru are coming but y'all singing praises, have you actually looked through then it going off the 10x32's and their reputation?

Serious question, because I've not seen them actually out yet.
The Leica pros are already out and you can upgrade them to the applied ballistics elite which basically gives you the ability to use the shooting solution out past 800 yards. The new AB plus has yes to release. I don't see a major benefit to the AB plus IMO.

One very important design capability that never seems to be discussed under "capabilities" is beam design. Beam design determines whether you are ranging the hill in front of the game or the hill behind the game. What's your confidence that you are ranging what you think you're ranging? Sure you can range to 3000 yds, but if it's ranging something besides the game you're aiming at, who cares. If the optics has a large vertical beam design, you won't know. It's like aiming at a small bullseye that is obstructed by a thick crosshair. You don't know if you're really holding in the middle of the bullseye. You're just guessing and hoping.

I read that the Revic has spent a lot of time perfecting a solution to this beam shape problem. They have narrowed the vertical component of their beam and have added software allowing the hunter to filter out close or far objects that may end up in the beam. These two design elements help make sure the Revic is measuring the elk and not a hill, bush, rock, etc in front of the elk or behind it.

I don't like having multiple rifle ballistics in my rangefinder. It's just one more thing to screwup when rushing a measurement. I'd rather have the other rifle profiles in my phone and take a few seconds to load it in the rangefinder when I pick up another rifle. Having only one rifle in the rangefinder and extra rifle profiles in my phone uncomplicates things and reduces the chance of selecting the wrong rifle profile.
I think you are talking about beam divergence. Like rifle groups, beam diameter gets larger the farther away it goes. There are two common wavelengths used for eye safe rangefinders: 905 and 1535 nm; each has advantages and disadvantages. The 1535 can use more energy and still be eye safe, but isn't as effective in rain or fog. However, it generally provides better LR performance.

Laser technology, at least for RFs, is getting pretty mature. Back when I was in the Army, the Abrams tank used (because it was the best tech available) a Yttrium-Argon gas laser that was pretty dangerous to eyes; even the hand held LRFs were not eye safe. But L3 Harris developed an eye safe long range RF for the Abrams.

I would be STUNNED if any RF manufacturer made their own lasers, and consequently, I don't think any one supplier has cornered the market on beam divergence, beam orientation, etc. - it is depends on what they want to pay for the laser component. And signal processing has come a long way since the psuedo-binary random sampling method the original Leica used.

IMO, at this point, the ability to "zero" the laser, like the SIG Kilo10 can, is a pretty huge advantage. I would also add that I am not inclined to buy any RF that doesn't have AB. Not sure what Revic uses, and haven't used Hornady's 4DOF, but AB is spot on - spin drift, aerodynamic jump, etc - it has it all.

The Leica pros are already out and you can upgrade them to the applied ballistics elite which basically gives you the ability to use the shooting solution out past 800 yards. The new AB plus has yes to release. I don't see a major benefit to the AB plus IMO.
Agree with Ben. Definitely update to elite if you are going to shoot longer. I have looked down them several times and the glass is very good. I saw the plus at Dallas Safari Club this past weekend and had the Alexa reps walk me through it. Brian Litz the brains behind AB for sometime has Ben working on hit probability and that feature is in the app and if I remember correctly it shows hit probability in the display given the inputs you apply in the app which are carried over to the specific gun profile. Kind of neat but I won't wait on it.

LRNut, according to the reviews I read, Revic is not talking about divergence, they are saying beam orientation to narrow the vertical component of the beam. My visualization is the Revic beam is rectangular and not round. Don't ask me how they do it, you'll have to call them and discuss it. They don't make lasers, but apparently they worked with a laser manufacturer to accomplish whatever they did. I believe Revic uses Applied Ballistics and it also incorporates a full weather station, GPS, compass, level, etc. to accomplish it's calculations. It's a real intelligent system. I own the Revic PMR 428 scope with their ballistics, a full weather station, etc. If you know the range, it's hard to miss as the scope uses mag heading, temperature, tilt, slant, geo location, etc to calculate the difference from the conditions you sighted in the rifle to where you're currently shooting. For example, if you sighted in shooting up hill, at 80F, at sea-level and then went hunting shooting downhill, 10F, at 7000ft elevation, it remembers your sightin values and calculates the new shooting conditions from the sightin. It sure makes it super easy. I imagine their Revic 10b is just as capable as their PMR scope. Go to their website and do some reading instead of just guessing.

Last edited:
LRNut, according to the reviews I read, Revic is not talking about divergence, they are saying beam orientation to narrow the vertical component of the beam. My visualization is the Revic beam is rectangular and not round. Don't ask me how they do it, you'll have to call them and discuss it. They don't make lasers, but apparently they worked with a laser manufacturer to accomplish whatever they did. I believe Revic uses Applied Ballistics and it also incorporates a full weather station, GPS, compass, level, etc. to accomplish it's calculations. It's a real intelligent system.
Ok, you said "beam design" - but I also talked about beam orientation - no laser used in RFs is round - they are all oval shaped - that is why beam divergence is expressed with two numbers.

I have had all 3 Sigs, Revic , and Vortex. Sigs #1 quick and super acc. #2 Vortex better glass than the Sigs and pretty much same glass as Revic. The disadvantage of the Revic and the only reason I rate them last is if you want to shoot past a 1000 you have to do a 2nd profile for the same rifle.
the others you don't. Also on the Sigs you can go in your app and fine tune the laser. no more trying to figure out is it hi or low or better on one side or the other of the aiming point. (Small but Huge advantage)
Use the app and true your profile before sending over. No need for two.