Retumbo shelf life

Al8095

Hey guys I bought some Retumbo last spring and was just wondering how long it would last. Needless to say I haven't been shooting as much as I hoped I would.

Powder should last for a pretty long time if stored correctly, cool, dry area in original conatiner. It will break down eventually but you'll be fine for a few years.

FWIW

I bought a 200 pound container of WC852 powder in the early 90s. It was made in 1972 and stored in a copper lined keg. It has a rubber seal and I'm still using out of that powder to this day. I use it for my practice ammo because it was so cheap at the time.

BTW the only thing I've seen deteriorate in less than 5 years is a recent batch of primers. They still go bang fine but the accuracy went from great to sucks pretty quick.

Jeff

Al,
I have WW2 surplus 4831 that still work's just as good as it did 20 years ago ,just as long as you keep it dry and sealed tight it should last until we are all dirt napping.
B

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.