Reticle choices

timmyatnop

Hi everyone I have an older vx-3 that's. That has a one inch tube,fine crosshairs. Its 6x18that has tourets and adj obj. I would like to change crosshairs to somthing that I can use to hold for the wind. Any ideas thank you.

Last edited:
Hi everyone I have an older vx-3 that's. That has a one inch tube,fine crosshairs. Its 6x18that has tourets and adj obj. I would like to change crosshairs to somthing that I can use to hold for the wind. Any ideas thank you.

Changing reticles is labor intensive. You can buy a decent mil-dot scope for for less than you can have the reticle changed and keep your VX-3 intact. That would be my choice.

If you did have the reticle changed, it would be in the second focal plane (as it is now) and would only be calibrated for one mangification setting.

I have had the VH and TMR, put into several scopes by the Leupold Custom Shop. Usually about a 2 to 3 week turn around time.

As suggested call Leupold, I have converted several to mildot/TMR. If you are looking for windage holds this is about the only option in Leupold. You will need to call them and give them the serial number and they will tell you what is availible. They do great work and go through the entire scope; returned with paperwork. Turn time is 3 weeks and costs should be around $150 shipped. Leupold service is great (not as good as it used to be though).

Had my 10/15 year old Leupy in for TMR's . It was time for a tune -up any way. I had the elevation only knob (mistake) . I love the the TMR, and its fine for doping wind, but I 'm the kind a guy not to cut myself short. I'm thinking , I would like to do that on my 3.5 x10 . Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.