Replacing Turrets

400bull

I currently have a Leupold VX-II 3-9X40 with the standard field turrets on it. I am debating about sending it in to have Leupold replace the standard turrets with ether the M1 or CDS turrets. For those of you that have sent your scope in to have the turrets replaced can you give me some feedback on the turrets (like and dislikes)? I'm not sure I want to settle on using my rifle with just one bullet combination as I am constantly playing with new loads. Would you recommend that I get the CDS turrets or the M1 turrets?

Thanks

400bull

I just had them put M1 turrets on a Vari-X III of mine. They were great to work with and I knew getting it back that those turrets would work with whatever gun I put it on and whatever load combination that I developed. I don't think any CDS or BDC turret are really as versatile. And I really like the look and feel of the M1's as well.

I have had several scopes in the Leupold custom shop with excellent results. I dont think they can put the turrets on an VXII though. Check their web site and give them a call to be sure though.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.