replacement turrets for a leupold

splattermatic

do i need to send my scopes back to luppy for the turrets, or do they have replacement ones available that just screw on ?
iirc, i have seen some scopes for sale that had both regular low turrets and caps and an extra set of taller target turrets.

if there are screw on target turrets available, anyone have a set or 2 they wanna sell ?

Splatter, i have a set of stony point knobs for lupy scopes.i'll ship em to ya for $40. ordered them and my wife surprised me with tappered turrets on my scope the same day they arrived. never got around to sending them back. new, never used.

i am a moderator at www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php ,
come over and check us out.
i'm really looking for luppy brand turrets, but may consider s.p.'s..

over on the falfiles, were a bit of a disfunctional family, but with well over 23,000 members from all over the world, we all still get along.

if your not familiar with a fal, it's a .308 battle rifle, that over 93 countries around the world adopted as their main battle rifle.
great gun, lots of fun, and the people over there are the best ....
i've been shooting for years, ex military, and have been enjoying aw's for many of those, but i am just now getting into lr large caliber rifles.
i have shot at lr at pd's, and coyotes, but not as far as these cannons here can, and am trying to learn from the experience on this site.

where i elk hunt we have a few places, that elk can be seen, but at great distance, and noone bothers them, they are unapproachable because of the oak brush, but can be shot at from distance.

Dave W
I don't mean to jump in on this post, but I would take those turrets if splattermatic isn't interested.
Wolfdawg

I think Leupold charges $149 for the M1 dials.
I bought a set of the Stoney Points and wasn't happy with them so I took them off and sent my scope to Leupold and had the M1 dials installed.
If you like the dials you buy from Dave Wilson and want a second set, let me know.

JD338

Dave,

Thanks for the back up. You will also have to add shipping.
If you have any questions, call Gabe Lang in customer service. Gabe will take good care of you.
Here is a pic of my VXIII 2.5x8 with the M1 dials.
[image]
JD700LSS.jpg
[/image]

JD338

JD338

I dumped that post the same time you were composing yours, no problem, just two of us helping a fellow member.

Great looking rig!

I just may do that with the Lupy custom shop.
I'll hold off for now on the Stoney's.

Wolfdawg

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.