Remington Sendero SF II

I have one in a 7mm Rem mag and it is a very good rifle. Out of the box it shoots sub minute with several factory loads if I can point it right.
No experience with the big boomers but I sure like the one I got.

I have a Remington Sendero SF II in .300 RUM. After afew minor tweaks and some on-going load development I have found it to shoot fairly well.

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words!

target_1.jpg

target_2.jpg

target_3.jpg

Cat,
I haven't opened mine up but I would expect it is the original trigger because it was a very early production run - got it just in time to go on a hunt with them in Texas. Wanted a .300 RUM but the only rifles available were in 7mm Rem. Have shot it quite a bit, it has a very smooth action and reasonable trigger. Likes A-Frames in particular, expensive paper punchers!

[ QUOTE ]
What were these tweaks and what load did you use with the 200 gr. accubond

[/ QUOTE ]

I installed a limbsaver recoil pad, tweaked the factory trigger (it's not there yet) installed a Gre-Tan striker, and had brake installed which wasn't really necessary for this caliber for such a heavy rifle.

The rifle hasn't been shot a whole and I've only tried a couple of powders thus far...the 200 NAB is sitting over 89.5 grs of IMR 7828 with a Fed 215 primer for an average velocity of 3250.

G'day

I have one in 300 RUM and it shoots half inch groups at 200m off a bench. I use 180 grain corelokts in front of 96g ADI AR2217 (Fed mag primers). I've used it on pigs and goats out to 250-280m out the window of a 4WD with fantastic results. I find it comfy to shoot along with my 338WM. I've worked up 150 and 180 Accubonds but can only manage an inch group at 200m.

Ian,
It's very easy to identify the new trigger without removing the stock. While the older trigger has vertical grooves on the face of the trigger, the new trigger is smooth with a rib running down the backside of it. Or, you can function test it. If, with an unloaded rifle, and pointed in a safe direction, with the safety on, pull on the trigger, if it will allow a little movement, it is the old trigger. The new trigger won't move rearward when the trigger is pulled. This is because the older trigger only blocks the sear. The newer trigger blocks both the sear and the trigger. Hope this helps.

[ QUOTE ]
Ian,
It's very easy to identify the new trigger without removing the stock. While the older trigger has vertical grooves on the face of the trigger, the new trigger is smooth with a rib running down the backside of it. Or, you can function test it. If, with an unloaded rifle, and pointed in a safe direction, with the safety on, pull on the trigger, if it will allow a little movement, it is the old trigger. The new trigger won't move rearward when the trigger is pulled. This is because the older trigger only blocks the sear. The newer trigger blocks both the sear and the trigger. Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ian M.

Yeah, what he said /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks guys, wish I had read this earlier because I was down in the U.S. today where the rifle is stored. Now I know, I will check next time. Takes months to get the papers and ducks in a row to bring a rifle across the invisible line.

I have had mine in .300rum for about 6 months. Im not sure I like like the stock , palm swell is to big . anybody got a stock they want to trade for this one? 601-956-4009 or cell 601-201-4208 Thanks, Shane Thomas

Shane,

Didn't call--I'm not sure about the deal I'm involved in. I am looking at a 7 STW Sendero with the Gen. I stock, but not sure yet if I will buy it. The stock has a couple of dings--one near the rear sling stud from the sling swivel rubbing, and an almost invisable spot at the top of the cheekpiece, near the pistol grip.

Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks,
Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.