remington rifle

yeah your right wiped the VTR out of my mind. But l have heard some bad things about the sendero here aswel ? does any one have any experience with the TİKKA T3 SUPER VARMİT ? Would it be a good capable rifle out to 1000+ yards with 300WM?
With any factory rifle, there's no real guarantees, so the best you can do is see what the overall trends are. For the Senderos, I bought two used pre SFII rifles and both were great shooters. Not to sure on QC in the newer SFII's? On Tikka's, most owners seemed to be very satisfied including one I know personally. Now here's my own experience with a Sako M85 Finnlight 300 WSM. 2-3 MOA with numerous loads including factory. Twice back to the factory to get checked and twice returned claiming nothing wrong, and that I wasn't cleaning properly (standard excuse for Berreta), which was a crock. They told me next time I sent it in that they would charge for time of their services... talked about furious... Looking under the hood of a Tikka and Sako we see a very poorly designed recoil lug system. We also see a cheap flimsy tupperware stock. Combine that with Berreta lack of CS and I will always steer someone away from them. Most do seem to be good shooters but they simply are not good LR platforms. Just my 2 Turkish lira :)

:) ok then. tikka is out of the question then. now what? Sendero? or lm thinking of buying this rifle that was a custo build for the Belgium ambasitor, wich is a custom built Mauser with a 26'' verry heavy contour barel in 30-06? the fact that it is a 30-06 puts me off. what do you guys think?

A Sendero would be a fairly safe bet, but no guarantees. I like their stock and heavy 26" barrel better than the Sub MOA Vanguard... but I like the action of the Vanguard better and it comes with a factory shot target to verify it will shoot under an inch. You here very little complaints about the Savages - probably less than the Senderos.

A proven custom would be great, but the 30-06 has a rainbow trjectory and don't expect much from it beyond 600-700 yds. If your just taking 600 yd shots or less, it might be the way to go.

Will factory ammo or handloads be shot from this rifle. Do you have to order new rifles or are there shops that stock them on the shelf?

You are gonna hear good and bad stories about every factory rifle out there depending on peoples personal opinions. That being said I shoot a sendero in 300wm and absolutely couldnt be happier.

I had a sendero that was pretty much junk as far as accuracy goes but I have two other remingtons that shoot well that are sporter weights. I would steer away from the VTR you mentioned earlier, I have one of them and it shoots fair but not well enough for long range. Even though my sendero wasn't worth crap I would still consider them a good option for a factory long ranger because most of them will likely shoot pretty well and they have about as good of stock as you're gonna get from the factory. My Dad just got a Sako A7 and that thing shoots great. The A7 shot 1/2" 100yd groups with two different loads and it only has 20 rounds through it. It just depends on your luck, but you're gonna take a chance with any factory gun.

What does he want to spend? Gun for the ambassador??? What does he want to kill with this thing? Muzzle velocity, bullet weight, caliber? He needs to ask himself these questions. There are thousands of guns to choose from... If he wants a factory gun for $500-700 bucks, Remington, Savage, or Tikka are not a bad choice...
If he wants to shoot long range, 30-06 will do its no ones first choice...

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.