Remington Recall Issues, Am I the only one?

aaroncarp

As everyone knows by now, remington has put a recall on all of their x-mark pro triggers. I submitted my serial number and request for a box to come to my house nearly 2 months ago and I still have not received it. Are any of you guys also having this isssue? I love my rifle and everything about remington, but they are one of the largest firearms company in the world. If they were not ready to take care of the millions of rifles coming back to the factory, they should have prepared better considering everyone has known that those safeties are junk and will eventually be recalled anyways. I am particularly frustrated because I am trying to develop hand loads for the gun and now I'm not supposed to shoot it. Also, I plan on replacing the trigger with a timney very soon anyways. I just see no reason to have a faulty trigger sitting in a box somewhere and needing it later on when remington will fix it at their expense. If the repair and return process takes as long as receiving the box has, then it will be risky to even send it out knowing that I may not have a rifle come hunting season.

Anyways, if anyone else has had the same issues or already got theirs back please let me know.

Thank you

P.S. I would feel pretty awful if the box had showed up a long time ago and blew away in the wind. So I apologize for being angry if that is the case.

Have you seen any rem's on the shelves in the last weeks? You didn't loose your box; they lost their heads dropping a recall like this without having their ducks in a row. The gun shops alone have enough inventory to keep them busy for a good while. I may send my recalled rifle back, but it's going to wait with me until I start seeing rifles back from them for sale as new.

You will have plenty of time to be angry when you call them and they give you no information on your rifle whatsoever. Yes it takes a long time they cannot give me a straight answer on the recall or any thing else for that matter

I'll afford the advice I gave my brother when he asked me what he should consider doing.

Buy an aftermarket trigger, install and forget about the recall...life is far too short to wait on such trivial matters.

Having said that...I can imagine finding an aftermarket trigger may be difficult as most people have went with a simple replacement rather than a complicated return process with a significant wait time.

My 2 pennies worth anyhow :D

I'm with coyotekiller above. I wouldn't send the rifle in. even if it is free. I have 2 rifles that are likely in the recall, 700 & Model 7. Both of these rifles have an after-market trigger, Shilen and Timney.

Yes, it may cost you a bit, but you don't have to worry about the gun being lost or stolen. Then you will also have a better trigger than you are likely to get from Remington.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.