Remington long range

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by dave1, Jan 18, 2014.

1. dave1

dave1 Well-Known Member

Remington has the XCR tactical long range, three calibers available I believe. Now they just added like five new rifles to their website. One being a new model 700 long range. No price or calibers are listed yet. The other is like a aluminum chassis 338 I think. Anyone else know any other details about the new Long Range 700??
    Thanks guys,
    Dave

2. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

It's an SPS essentially with a better stock. Here are the caliber offerings in this model.

http://www.remington.com/products/f...el-700/model-700-xcr-tactical-long-range.aspx

In spite of their advertising I would not expect this model to be anything special but it is a 700 so it will be a platform you can always improve upon.

3. dave1

dave1 Well-Known Member

Thats the XCR tactical long range in 223,308,300win. I'm talking about the new model 700 long range. It's different than the rifle in your link.

4. WildRose

The other "long range" they list is an SPS. It's offered in the same calibers plus 300 Rum.

If there's a different 700 long range model I'm unaware of it. Do you have any links?

5. Woody26

Woody26 Well-Known Member

Are you looking at the one with the Bell & Carlson M 40 stock?

6. dave1

dave1 Well-Known Member

Remington shows five new rifles at the top. It's there. Called long range 700. It's not any of those mentioned I'm familiar with those to.

7. WildRose

8. Lrdchaos

Lrdchaos Well-Known Member

As stated above, It's not going to be anything special. They just placed one if their existing actions into another stock.

9. dave1

dave1 Well-Known Member

I was on the website a week ago or so and those new models weren't there. I returned and noticed the New models. They are all the same except stocks mostly. The 26 barrel is good anyway!
    As for a factory rig, it seems Savage would be the better option possibly.