Remington Kept My Sendero II 7 RUM

good deal for you. I am used to the (it is with in our factory specs sorry)

That's pretty much the response they gave me last year. I had a R25 .308 that would average about 2.5+ MOA with everything I put through it, several hundred rounds of anything and everything. I called them and they said that was acceptable. Not for a rifle that is going for $1600! Knowing it was built for Remington by DPMS, I called DPMS and they paid for the shipping and rebarreled it. Had it back in about three weeks. It will average around 1 MOA now, I guess beggars can't be choosy.:D

Fred, I had one in a CDL. Great looking rifle, but would not shoot for $4;@€#. I tried everything. I traded it it. When I bought the gun in November, my dealer almost frowned at me when I told him to special order it for me. He did tell me that ammo I almost non existent, but he knew that I hand load. I am almost thinking that he may know something, or that he had heard something. I am not sure if this is a quality issue, or a liability issue. But the above post flashes red lights in my way of thinking. Maybe they will RE- introduce the STW! Remington has always been one to keep the 7 mm line of ammo and rifles on the market. If the 7 RUM flops, which I think is going to happen, I think the STW will make a re appearance. If not, we shall see what happens.
7 STW.

We shall see my friend, we so shall. As long as my gunsmith is willing to chamber the 7stw, which he loves, that is what I will stick with. Going to ask santa claus for some brass for Christmas, maybe he will make some this year. :D
FE

The Remington 7RUM is a good Rifle , I have one that shoots like a beam of light and gets 1/2 inch or better at a 100 yards all day long . One thing that I noticed you said was your shots could be good one day and not so good the next , I found out early that you have to get "all" the copper out . I use nothing but sweets 7.62 for that and it's kept my Rifle shooting really well . I'm sorry your gun didn't work out for you but it is a Rifle you would have really enjoyed if it shot well .

The Remington 7RUM is a good Rifle , I have one that shoots like a beam of light and gets 1/2 inch or better at a 100 yards all day long . One thing that I noticed you said was your shots could be good one day and not so good the next , I found out early that you have to get "all" the copper out . I use nothing but sweets 7.62 for that and it's kept my Rifle shooting really well . I'm sorry your gun didn't work out for you but it is a Rifle you would have really enjoyed if it shot well .
He isn't the only one to get a crappy 7rum. I got a lh lss that wouldn't do inside of three inches and also broke 3 sizing dies because of the sloppy chamber they put in it. I gave it back to the shop and rolled the dice on a rh bdl in 7rum; that rifle shot dang well 'till I shot it out.
I went back to the stw as my primary big 7mm until last winter. I found a used lhlss 7rum I figured I would try out. At least I'd have a lh ss action if it blew chunks. So far I've only got one good load with it, but that's enough as I'm planning on shooting it out and re-barreling it anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.