Remington custom build

callaway

Looking to build a custom rifle either in 300wsm or 300 win mag. I was thinking about a Remington 700 action possibly location for a titanium if I can find it. Does anyone have any advice for a novice. Thank you in advance for your help. Robert

You're on the right track alreDy with a 700 action. I am not particularly a big fan of either caliber, even though I have become quite good at reloading 300 WinMag since one of my best friends has one, and we have done alot of load progression.

If you reload, hard to find ammo will not be so hard to find once you buy brass & dies. For example, the 7mmSTW is one of the best long range calibers, but it not as popular as it used to be. It is one excellent caliber for long range huntjng and shooting.

But 300 WinMag is also a great caliber. But it's a little too mainstream for me. I like going against the grain. LOL

Forget the WSM. Even if you install an extended box in a SA, it doesn't "extend" enough for the longest bullets. Ya' just can't hardly go wrong with the good ol' .300 Win. mag. No mods needed to the Rem. 700 LA to accomodate it. And to boot, the .300 Win. Mag. will out preform the WSM, especially with the heavier bullets.

I would go with the win mag if those are your choices. Nothing wrong with that choice at all. Have the 700 trued, 26-27" barrel I would pick lilja just because have had great success with them. Pick out a stock you like and top it with best scope you can afford.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.