custom build

D Scott

I am in process of a custom build, I am using a Barnard Action and Bartlein barrel, Alex over at Masterclass stocks is doing the bedding and stock build. I am having Warner tool do the chambering and barrel install,

My question is ,, is it worth getting a new reamer (will be a 260 rem) and have Warner build a custom die to match the chamber /reamer ??

or just go with the reamer he has and use my forster dies ? I by no means an expert, but consider myself a proficient shooter/reloader, I can shoot my savage consistently 1/2 moa and have expensive glass. and obviously want an accurate rifle.

Will any practical gain in accuracy be had by going the custom die route ?

Thanks in advance Scott

I am in process of a custom build, I am using a Barnard Action and Bartlein barrel, Alex over at Masterclass stocks is doing the bedding and stock build. I am having Warner tool do the chambering and barrel install,

My question is ,, is it worth getting a new reamer (will be a 260 rem) and have Warner build a custom die to match the chamber /reamer ??

or just go with the reamer he has and use my forster dies ? I by no means an expert, but consider myself a proficient shooter/reloader, I can shoot my savage consistently 1/2 moa and have expensive glass. and obviously want an accurate rifle.

Will any practical gain in accuracy be had by going the custom die route ?

Thanks in advance Scott

I honestly don't think you could tell the difference.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts