Remington 600 action ????

J Spain

Hi guys..I'm new to the board .. like it very much...
I am having a 250 savage built on a 600 action that I had...What do yuo think .... Thanks in advance

Welcome to LRH!!!

Your receiver will work well. I would recommend restocking the rifle with a McMillan or other quality stock and have a quality bedding job put in the rifle as well.

I do not care for the 600 for real high intensity rounds but for the class you are dealing with, if it is build properly it should shoot very well.

Interesting project, keep us posted.

Kirby Allen(50)

Thanks for the welcome FiftyD..
Mike Bryant in Wheeler Tx. is building it for me..It will have a Lilja 25" and trued action,,, a McMillan 700BDL stock piller bedded and a Leapold Var lll 6.5x20...Can't wait...the stock is due any day now..been waiting for 3 months for it to show up.. had it done in black with light gray...

Going to shoot some P Dogs with it..I have been using my 257 Roberts,,but wanted some thing with less recoil and still buck the wind we have out here...

Sounds like a hell of a set up. Keep us posted as to how she shoots!!

The little 250 is a very under rated round in my opinion, alot of fun to shoot and hunt with.

Kirby Allen(50)

Not sure if your going with the standard 250 or the 250 Ackley improved , but I would highly recomend the improved version , it greatly improves case life and the 250 benifits more from the ackley improving than just about any other round. in the length barrel your using , I would be shocked if it diden't shoot as fast or faster than you 257 Roberts

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.