Remington 600 .350 mag

Muddyboots

OK, I have a shot at one from an estate but I am not sure why I would buy it since it doesn't seem to offer anything for the action etc. Anybody have an idea what to use this for besides a .350 mag? Though that does intrigue me a bit.

Kind of fun. An inexpensive light handy rifle with a bit more thump than others commercially available at the time. An early effort at getting more out of a short action.

The ones I've seen recently are priced out of the inexpensive whim category.

OK, I have a shot at one from an estate but I am not sure why I would buy it since it doesn't seem to offer anything for the action etc. Anybody have an idea what to use this for besides a .350 mag? Though that does intrigue me a bit.
It would Make a nice SS or SST anywhere from 6mm to 338.
Just add a Wyatts or DBM

Huge difference in 35 rem and 350 rem mag. I had a tc pistol in 35 rem that shot great. And a Marlin in 35 rem. But the 350 you can keep.
Shep

I managed to find an M600 350 Rem Mag last year and it is a very handy little rifle. I was warned about "teeth-jarring" recoil and it was a bad idea, don't waste your money, etc. I do believe most of those stories were incorrect and likely came from people who had never actually handled one.

I've put quite a few rounds down range with that little rifle and it is a blast to shoot. Is there recoil? Sure. Is it too much to handle? No, not at all. I've never had scope bite in all the rounds I've sent down range.

In the woods of PA where shots on whitetail rarely exceed 75-100 yards and you're dealing with good amounts of thorns / twigs / brush / etc, along with some decent elevation changes - this thing shines bright. A 200gr projectile doesn't care much about the little stuff that is in the way and the weight and length of the rifle make it a joy to carry. It has become my go to "big woods" rifle.

I say pick it up, roll some ammo, and have a good time!

Great carry gun that packs a punch. In mine I shoot 200 barnes tsx w/ TAC powder @2800 (use a heavy crimp). Does have recoil, broke the reticle in a 2x7 burris in less than 20 shots!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.