350 Remington Magnum

Ludicrous

I have a co-worker that owns a pawn shop and told me about a "350" Remington Magnum (700) he picked up recently. I had to read up a little on that caliber because I had never heard of it. Anyone here have one? Brass, bullets and die sets are available and I've been kicking around the idea of a 375 or 416 but after reading up on this 350 Magnum it got the wheels turning in my head, seems like it would make a sweet short to mid range bear, elk and moose gun. He is going to get me the SN and some photos later today.

I got my son one for graduation. It a great rifle and very cool caliber. They really lay the smack down on game.Great short to mid range round!

Any idea what a good price would be? Sounds like an old rifle from the description he gave but he says it is in excellent condition, no scope just the iron sights. Pretty sure I could pick it up cheap.

excellent shape $500-$600 used with some wear $400-$500 There's a BDL and a Classic my son's is a classic he put a synthetic stock on it so the classic stock sits in my room lol

Same basic case capacity as the whelen. I've got a hawkeye in 35 whelen and she does rather well. You will like the 350. Just keep it mid range or under.

The 350 rem mag is a power house in a small package. When it first came out It was based on a 600
Remington action (The one with the crooked bolt handle) and in what they called a guide rifle. It had a vented rib and was a good looking little rifle.

They weren't the most accurate rifle but when held to 3 or 400 yards they will put down most anything.

They can certainly use a brake because of there weight.

They are a one or two shot rifle with the vented rib because the rib starts changing the POI as the rifle heats up. I have taken the rib off to see how much difference it makes and it did help, but it looked like crap with all of the holes showing.

One big plus if you buy the rifle, It has a magnum bolt face so if you decide to re barrel it will take the WSMs and the SAUMs (Short Magnums). I replaced the factory barrel on mine and went with the 338 RCM. with little if any changes.

It is a great little rifle and if you can talk him down to around $500.00 it would be a steal.

J E CUSTOM

Yes I have a Rem 600 in 350 rem Mag.

Very good 250 yard rifle here in Alaska for bear and moose.

Use 250 grain Speer GrandSlams

have a Remington 600 and Ruger 77 in this caliber. Great short to med range hunting rifle. Worth looking into.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.