Remington 300 RUM brass discontinued

I've got some Norma RUM cases that have 12 loads and it's still going. I was lucky to get 4-5 with RP before pockets loosened when loaded to the same velocity. I think the Norma cases get a bad reputation because guys try to take their RP loads and switch to Norma without re-working their load. The Norma cases have less capacity.

I've found that Norma cases make the same velocity as RP cases with about two grains less powder. BTW Nosler and Norma are one and the same in the RUM. ;)

I've got some Norma RUM cases that have 12 loads and it's still going. I was lucky to get 4-5 with RP before pockets loosened when loaded to the same velocity. I think the Norma cases get a bad reputation because guys try to take their RP loads and switch to Norma without re-working their load. The Norma cases have less capacity.

I've found that Norma cases make the same velocity as RP cases with about two grains less powder. BTW Nosler and Norma are one and the same in the RUM. ;)

This I some good info. I have about 80 rounds of new 300 Remington left and a bag of the 7mm RUM brass that has been necked up. I been getting about 6 firings out of the Rem brass. I'm not shy about the loading as I bought the RUM because of the velocities it can produce so I run it generally at book max. I have ran it a little over also but that was with really long seated bullets like the 230 bergers. Currently running the 220 ELD-X. Easy loading and good groups and best of all it fits in the mag.
But like everyone I wish Lapua would make some of the RUM brass but I'm sure there is some type of legal bla bla bla that has to take place to be able to make it.

Big Green has lost a lot of shooters. They no longer seem to support the sport. All their components are completely non existent, and seem to only be loading for their most popular calibers and gauges. It will bite them eventually. They are continually looking for ways to cheapen their products instead of improving them. Sad. Norma brass is good stuff. You still have to prep it, and work up a load for the specific cases you are working with, just like you do with Remington brass. It seems to last longer than Remington too. Haven't tried Nosler, but rumor has it that it is essentially semi prepped Norma. I run them pretty hard too.

Big Green has lost a lot of shooters. They no longer seem to support the sport. All their components are completely non existent, and seem to only be loading for their most popular calibers and gauges. It will bite them eventually. They are continually looking for ways to cheapen their products instead of improving them. Sad. Norma brass is good stuff. You still have to prep it, and work up a load for the specific cases you are working with, just like you do with Remington brass. It seems to last longer than Remington too. Haven't tried Nosler, but rumor has it that it is essentially semi prepped Norma. I run them pretty hard too.
Liquidating inventory and not making new.
Dropping more marginal product lines.
Suspending lines to create demand in the pipeline.

These are all standard things taught in "Business School".

Not taught, is business understanding, consumer understanding and the long term impact of customer alienation. Creating an opportunity for competitors is a subject but understanding it is ability not learned from a book.

It has long been a strategy to make things look good by not making your products and running off inventory. It is a short sighted, short term strategy. It does make profits appear higher. Then the "professional" executives exit with fat pay and the company is taken over by raiders. Then it gets worse.

Wanna Bet they are either up for sale or they soon will be? I've seen more than one company use this strategy on hopes of improving selling price. It will backfire if not sold in time. Agreed things taught in "Business School". I was also once told by a very wise CEO "Those that can't do, teach". In our business, we have not hired a single college graduate that has graduated in the last 10 years that we have not had to let go. We do keep trying though.

Wanna Bet they are either up for sale or they soon will be? I've seen more than one company use this strategy on hopes of improving selling price. It will backfire if not sold in time. Agreed things taught in "Business School". I was also once told by a very wise CEO "Those that can't do, teach". In our business, we have not hired a single college graduate that has graduated in the last 10 years that we have not had to let go. We do keep trying though.

Yup

I'm pretty sure that the big 3 American gunmakers are run by IDJITS.
Winchester can't do anything right and hasn't since 1964 according to many.
Remington has been a train wreck for 20+ yrs.
Savage has come on strong but now is introducing an AR. There are about 63472 companies building ARs right now and the price is the lowest it ever has been and will continue to fall for at least 2.75 yrs when the next election cycle starts and the wicked witch looms again. Terrible business decision. I can build an AR from a chunk of aluminum in my bathroom.
Look at Lapua, Tikka and Bergara. Totally different mindset, quality and they build stuff that makes sense and THEN STICK WITH IT.
Americans either build crap or build great stuff and immediately discontinue it. MORONS.

Brass is floating for all of these rigs. Cabelas had 7 SAUM the other day. You never know where some will pop up............or you could buy Lapua brass and not worry about it. I'm done with chasing unicorn turds like the RUM. The Lapua case will do anything the RUM will for LESS $$$ and I'm not even gonna talk about quality because that is an absolute joke.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.